Designation: Program Officer
Deadline: 2023-08-05 10:00 pm
Social Protection Civil Society Network (SPCSN) is a liberal forum established in 2012 with an aim to raise voice of right holders, promote interface platform between right holders and duty bearers in order to help the duty bearers be more accountable on social protection issues. SPCSN invites applications for the post of Program Officer from interested eligible candidates (Nepali citizens only) who are reliable, accountable, and have ability to deliver results with highest level of integrity and interested to work on social protection.
Position: Program Officer for Promoting Social Protection rights and Access to decent work in Nepal ‘project
Required No: 1
Work Station: Kathmandu with frequent visits in project area
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology/Social Sciences/Development Studies or related field.
- Minimum two years of demonstrated work experience in research, networking and communications, and working with hidden or vulnerable populations.
- Training and experience in project management desirable.
- Experience working in the social protection sector.
- Experience and knowledge of the social protection plans and programs of the Government of Nepal.
- Good understanding of the realities faced by vulnerable populations such as single women, people living with disability, HIV infected and affected population, elderly people and children and informal sector.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial attitude.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Nepali.
- Competence in using Microsoft Office.
- Preparing meeting minutes and Nepali typing on computer is a must.
- Working close coordination with Trade Union, Civil Society Organizations and Government.
- Work as a Focal Point between WSM – We Social Movements (donor organisation for this project) and SPCSN.
- Conduct planning process of the project activities in close coordination with SPCSN leadership and Programme Coordinator of SPCSN.
- Adjust and mainstream the planning, evaluation and project cycle management tools.
- Conduct and take part in the reflection, within SPCSN and target groups, about their implementation challenges, in order to take them into account in the programs and actions to be carried out.
- Keep systematic records (data) of the achievements by means of evaluations and activity reports.
- Develop communication tools for both internal and external use (situation of SPCSN, interviews with beneficiary groups, significant changes, progresses made, challenges, difficulties, constraints, opportunities, potentials, lessons learned, etc.)
- Maintain regular contacts and exchanges with both the other implementing partners for this project, ITUC-NAC, and the Asia and South Coordinator from WSM.
- Assist WSM in developing new project proposals related to social protection which would involve SPCSN.
- When relevant, organize and/or take part in joint activities of other WSM partner organizations at national, continental and global level.
- Organize and participate in regular meetings of SPCSN as and when required.
- Prepare meeting minutes, budget escalation and participate in financial monitoring and evaluation being in the SPCSN team.
- Participate in shared learning activities, such as seminars, webinars, input into e-learning materials, sharing case studies of successes, challenge and good practices.
- Facilitate the organization of at least one monitoring meeting with WSM per year
- Develop contacts and permanent exchanges with the regional coordinator.
- Organize and/or take part in partners’ joint activities at national and regional level.
- Facilitate synergies and complementarities with the other partners.
- Coordinate as a liaison officer of being a member of INSPIR Asia International Network for Social Protection Rights.
- Other official tasks are assigned by the Program Coordinator and the Executive Board.
- Ensure all planned activities are to be completed on time with quality.
Personal behavior and integrity
1. Fully comply with the code of conduct and bind with the policy provisions of SPCSN
2. High level of integrity is shown towards the organization, beneficiaries, and stakeholders.
3. Always be Child sensitive, and gender-sensitive and consider social inclusion relating to the project activities implementation and others. Ensure do no harm approach to them.
Applications and Deadlines:
The duration of the contract will for 40 months (immediately after the recruitment -May, 2026 with satisfaction performance. The probation period for this position is 3 months. Qualified candidates are requested to email the following documents to SPCSN at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with the subject line ‘Application for the position of Program Officer ‘mentioning your interest including a cover letter along with updated CV, experience letters, expected salary preferably of long term commitment with to build carrier in Social Protection by including the subject title ‘Application for the Position of Program Officer no later than on 5th August 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the further selection process to follow the SPCSN Policy including written examination and interview.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, vulnerable adults, minorities, people with a disability, Dalits, Madhesi and marginalized communities and expect to adore the policy of the organization. Canvassing at any stage shall lead to automatic disqualification.SPCSN reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case; all applications will be treated with the highest confidentiality.